diabetes careMake sure you get a good, comfortable pair of socks and walking shoes, especially ones that support the arches of your feet. You don't want to experience foot pain afterwards. If you don't already own a good pair of shoes, visit your local shoe store (Footlocker, Payless Shoe Source, etc) that carries athletic shoes.

You have to choose the right kind of fat, namely monounsaturated fatty acids, or MUFAs for short. This fat stays flexible in the body breaks, so it does not block arteries, and it helps prevent cholesterol from hardening. MUFAs have been shown to ward off type 2 diabetic 2 diabetes, breast cancer and inflammation while keeping your brain healthy. There are many delicious foods that are high in MUFAs and that make natural replacements for the many unhealthy fats in your diet, ones like butter, margarine, vegetable oil, trans fats in packaged goods and saturated fats in red meats.

The next thing you need to seriously consider is change. Having to live with diabetes may not be easy but it can be done. You need to change a lot of things and so you have to be prepared for this. One of the many things that you need to consider changing is your diet. You have to say goodbye to food containing high glucose and fats. Try to eat a balanced diet. Increase your intake of high-fiber, raw foods.

A small 4oz handful of pine nuts every day can help suppress hunger. Pine nuts contain pinolenic acid, a naturally occurring fat that stimulates cholecystokinin (CCK) and glucagon-like peptide (GLP-1), both powerful hormones that alert the brain that the stomach is full. In one study, women who consumed pinolenic acid reported a decreased appetite. These small nuts also contain the highest protein content of any nut.

With the nontraditional recipe, you don't use sugar. Instead you use either dried fruit as your sweetener with a little honey or just dried fruit, with the sweetness adjusted to your taste without having to put white table sugar into the pie.

You will look and feel better about yourself. When you lose weight, you carry yourself with greater confidence for, let's face it, you will look better. When you get slimmer, you can fit into many of your old clothes so you save the money you would have spent buying new, larger clothes.

Recently we went walking together. I try to encourage activity with her since she is quite overweight. Without any prompting she confided to me that she would like to lose weight, this isn't the first time she has talked about it with me. And again I told her I would help in anyway I can. She is my motivation in looking into the risks of overweight children.